My first parcel of indulgence arribed this morning, the white cotton poplin and the faux suede from Tia Knight. The suede is a good colour, but not quite the weight that I wanted for the DK drape front jacket…so I’ve been a Bad Fairy again. I’ve pinched the length of slightly nicer mock suede from the wife’s stash, and replaced it with the new bit. DON’T TELL! I’m undecided if I should pipe the seams or not bother, with it being plain. I’ll think about it.
The white poplin is earmarked for a western style shirt for me. I’ve had the Folkwear Frontier shirt pattern for yonks, but I’ve been kickstarted by seeing the lovely shirt that Peter made, over at Male Pattern Boldness. I think I’ll pipe it in the navy. I used to have a sort of cowboy shirt years ago, and loved it. It was very boxy in shape though, and the sleeves were never long enough for my monkey arms. This should be better I hope. I’m going for the largest women’s size on the pattern, a 16, which should be OK as I don’t want it baggy-there’ll be about an inch or so of ease by my reckoning. I’m going for the version on the gal in the middle of the pic, but without those odd ‘smile’ pockets- I don’t think they’d sit well atop my bosom!
Wifey has opted for more shirts, sticking to the which got her lots of compliments this weekend. One plain white, one in the lovely Tana lawn I snagged from the ragmarket.
Two things each, that’s nice. Now I’ve only got to nag her to try that roses and graffiti top on so we can place the zips, and I can show you how good it looks.