I’ve finished the western shirt, or ‘Frontier Shirt’ as the Folkwear pattern labels it. It’s all in Tia Knight stretch cotton poplin, same fabric for the contrast piping leftover from the wife’s shirt. It’s quite straight up and down, as am I so that’s OK. The sleeves are good and long, I hate skimpy sleeves. The collar sits well, and it’s a well drafted, well behaved pattern.
Medium size poppers on the front fastening, smaller size on the cuffs.
Plain snaps, nothing fancy cos I couldn’t wait to get to the markets or order online, so used what I’ve got.
I like it, the wife likes it. In fact she wants one too. [Not mitchee matchee, we’re not that way inclined!] I’ve already decided that if I can get the placement right, this will be great for the stretch sateen red roses. Yeehaw!