Katy & Laney tap shorts. Purple linen/viscose from MyFabrics. Facings in Tana lawn.
Another weird case of measuring carefully, cutting correct size…then finding it doesn’t fit me anywhere. My belly required size 18, my hips size 8! Blimey try grading between those lol
I did my best, and although I’d originally planned to bind all the seams, my experience with the green skirt told me to hold off. The purple linen frays like buggery though, so I had to overlock as an interim measure.
I machine basted the waistband on, and hand basted a zip in, and burst out laughing. They fell straight down again. I did some rough pinning, took them off again, and took them in…a lot:
3/4″ on each side seam, 1/2 at CB, tapering to crotch, and 1/2″ ish at each back dart… four or five inches!
They now fit nicely on the waist, snug but no muffin top, so I got that right. BUT
I think we have the A line issue again here. The side seams look straight, the front and back fall from waist/belly nice and straight…but I feel like I belong in ‘It ain’t half hot mum’.
Hmmm. I could take them in some more at the sides I suppose, but I don’t think it’s worth it. It’s a great pattern, very nicely drafted, and the diagonal front seaming is a lovely detail…but not for me I think.
I’ll wear them around house and garden, but no further! They may be better after a few washes, as they soften, but I’m not convinced. Ah well.