Done..well, enough to show it off to you all. There’s a bit of hand stitching left to so, closing off the gap in the lining that I used to turn it through to the right side, and a few anchoring stitches which should hold the lining in place at the bottom, and also stop the wires from shifting out of position.
This was a FAIRLY straightforward project,but things that plagued me included
- horrendously fraying fabric, I swear each piece probably lost half an inch at least
- the resultant mess: never a tidy seamstress, the dining room looks like a bomb’s hit it!
- my usual sloppy work in ‘quilting’ the thin lining fabric to some scrap underlining- hey ho, it’s only bag lining
- fishing through the bin- I managed to mislay several small components several times, including the bit of rouleau for the keyfob, and the backing plates for the clasp.
- general idiocy, including making the faced openings for the pocket zips too wide [I ALWAYS do this], melting said facings with the iron, and sewing the bag bottom onto the top…
- messing up the simple fastening strap THREE times
wrestling ineptly to cut the coathanger frames to size and making a rather shoddy job of it
- general bodging
Ah well. I blame my general all-purpose work-related fatigue and baseline sloppiness for all of it! And the sewing room gremlins of course…
Anyway, here it is, along with some pics I took along the way. Wife likes it, and wants a smaller version of her own, with brass rings to accomodate her binocular-topped walking cane, so that’s a general mark of approval!
[[Ah…something weird is happening. I have all the pics uploaded onto my PC as usual, and can view them perfectly well, but I can’t upload anything onto the blog, I just get ‘http error’. Any clues oh computer literate ones?]]
Edited: I switched to Chrome and I can upload again. Oh Firefox, what has happened?