The doc has put me on beta-blockers to ward off those horrible [literally] blinding migraines I was getting, and they’re making me rather drowsy at the moment. Sewing concentration is a bit below par, but I got itchy fingers from being blocked in my productivity, so I decided to stash bust, tidy the sewing pit AND be productive while not using my brain.
Solution? The rather too many bags of scraps that I can’t make myself throw out. They’re largely sorted by colour, and I have overflowing carrier bags of green, blue, purple and yellow scraps.
I’ve started on the green, got all the bits out, pressed them, and sorted them into piles, removing pieces large enough to cut up for bias binding.
I cut out a load of approx 6″ squares from my new ultra wide cotton sheeting, and got cracking on some crazy squares.
Armed with the ironing board lowered to sitting height and a talking book, I got to work. Boring, but simple and fairly fast once I get into a rhthym. Here’s the first 20 squares, much easier to stack and store in a zip lock bag, while I get on with all those bias strips.
I’m just going to join them, trim, press, and wind onto some card so that I can fill a drawer with useful binding.
I feel much better now, and hopefully as I adjust to the tablets, will feel able to start to get on with my toile preparation in case the wife makes me pack everything away for xmas.
Strangely enough, even woolly brained and nauseous, I can still manage to bake: here’s a little treat I knocked up for my lovely wife [I can’t stand meringue personally!]. Apparently it’s not good enough unless I put glitter on…blame her hormones.