Crafting a Rainbow posted this fun challenge a couple of weeks ago, and I’ve been stalling. Here goes:
- Top 5 Hits (favourite or most worn makes)
It’s been an amazing year for sewing, starting with jumping into Jungle January and the Sabre-Toothed Swap over on Pretty Grievances. I made a whole collection of 5 items for that, most of which gets worn frequently. The only fail is detailed below. I followed it with Zebruary , where Inspired by some wonderful zebra-print jersey bought from MyFabrics, I made everything monochrome. More major wardrobe successes. Unfortunately, due to a PC disaster, I’ve lost ALL photos unless posted here or on Facebook, so options for illustration are limited. Here goes:
- Top 5 Misses (projects that didn’t work out or rarely got worn)
- Top 5 Non-Sewing Highights
- Starting our steampunk adventure- we’ve just bought tickets for the biggest event of the year, very excited!
2. Yesterday I got to see my grandchildren again after nearly 3 years…a long story.
3. My lovely wife has given up smoking- three weeks so far, early days, but I’m SOOO happy and proud.
4. I started blogging, and it seems to be going pretty darn well.
5. I’ve survived a pretty horrendous time at work, and I’m recovering my sanity in small steps.
- Top 5 Reflections
- I CAN do piping, binding, bound buttonholes etc
- I am gradually becoming patient enough to persevere with alterations and fitting
- I work really well if I have a challenge or plan [hello SWAP]
- Facebook sewing groups are invaluable [Historical Sewing Monthly, Sewing for Steampunk and Cosplay] and I can contribute too
- Writing tutorials is not as hard as I thought it would be
- Top 5 Goals
- Complete the SWAP
- Do as many Historical challenges as possible, as long as they contribute to my wardrobe
- Complete a secret crazy steampunk project for August
- Take a deep breath and make something with welt pockets [shudder]
- Get my vintage machine up and running to use that gorgeous buttonhole attachment