Although I had hoped to finish this today, and haven’t, I’m very pleased with progress…from the seemingly interminable stage of stitching down seam allowances, and the similarly tedious thread-tracing the wolf design onto the back of the jacket, I finally got onto attaching the soutache this morning.
The first sleeve went very slowly, as I got the hang of it all, working out the best way to push the braid down its internal threads, forcing it into curves with the right convex/concave turn required. I also had to play about with Fraycheck to neaten the ends- I hate that stuff!
The ‘cornelli’ style twiddling was also slow at first- I find that the more random a design is, the harder it is to maintain scale and balance. I’m picking up speed now though, and just thought I’d post some pics of the sleeve cuffs and the lapel/collar area, which will be completely en-twiddled quite quickly now I think.
That will just leave the wolves for tomorrow…
The end is in sight!