Just made the missus another shirt, McCall’s 6076 again, but this time using the princess seams that finish at the shoulder. It’s in the clock fabric we got from Barry’s a few weeks ago, metallic finish buttons from the rag market.
French seams throughout the body and sleeves, armscye bound with some khaki green cupro binding I cut in one of my stash busting sessions. The facings are also bound in the cupro. Hand sewn hems and facings, buttonholes on the vintage Singer. Easy peasy, and it fit like a dream, no alterations whatsoever, straight size 16.
Proper pics tomorrow, as she’s busy, but she loves it enough to have demanded that I sew in one of my labels… This shirt nicely bridges the gap between ‘normal’ and steampunk, so she should get plenty of wear out of it.
I also finally took the nasty ‘invisible’ plastic snaps off the corset cover I made months ago, and did some more buttonholes there. I’ve had serious trouble doing these up as I can’t see over my bosom when wearing the corset, and those snaps are damn fiddly. I’m also going to replace the snaps on the white one. Buttonhole crazy, but they’re so easy now!