Day 12: “Give us a progress report on your current projects”
[FYI, Day 11 was just a suggestion to read and comment on other contributors’ blogs…which I do anyway]
Right, rolling up sleeves and rubbing hands together.
A] What’s on my sewing table, already cut out:
- denim riding breeches for me [yes, still there, still untouched]
- silk/cotton Armistice blouse for me. All that lovely lace is singing to me, but I haven’t had time to do a good job, so there it sits.
- 2 bodices for the missus [and that’s to my shame as they’ve been sitting for MONTHS]
B] Next up, fabric ready to be cut out-all for my lovely missus
- grey scissor fabric ‘normal’ shirt
- Thai fisherman’s trousers, in brown/blue linen mix
- Tunic- probably the Simplicity ‘Danaerys’ one- in shot blue fabric
- obi belt using the above blue/brown fabrics
C] Sitting in the naughty pile, not yet consigned to the crate of shame
- trouser toile for the missus
- kilt toile for the missus
In my defense, these are sitting there because she’s always too busy to stand still and be used as a dummy!
Yesterday I completed the stitching on the 2nd bustle, but haven’t boned it, and I also finished the scissor-print Edwardian blouse [#2 from Wearing History pattern] but decided the neckline is toooooo wide. I’ve ordered some nice cotton lace to fill in the neckline a tad.
I also have a gazillion other ideas and projects, including the gorgeous ‘Six Napoleon’ project hosted by Sew2Pro…the fabric is on order!