I didn’t get much done yesterday, but I’m happy with what I did. I joined the front facings to the upper collar piece, and CAREFULLY pressed that so-easily-scorchable lining. Thank you pressing cloth!
Then I carefully marked the seam line on the facing edge, and basted a folded piece of burgundy shot taffeta bias binding allllll the way along. Then machined it. Slowly. My stitching is never very steady or straight, hey-ho, just the way I roll.
I haven’t got the basting out again yet, but here it is looking rather stoosh though I say it myself.
Wifey has tried it on, we’ve agreed the tweak to the back collar shape, marked buttonholes, and debated the inside pocket plan. The decisions are as follows:
Collar-new shape marked with curve. I’ll be adding a very thin layer of wadding just to give the rather thin top layer of black peachskin a bit more oomph.
Buttonholes-Five. Or maybe 6. No five. Probably.
Pocket-not going with it after all, she doesn’t want to risk spoiling the shape of the coat front.
Next up, those buttonholes…