My poor fingers!
What I done today:
- Attached wool undercollar to main coat
- Joined coat and lining
- Made faced buttonhole openings on the lining/facing side, using silk organza and some swear words
- Understitched the facings by hand, because it looks nicer on thick fabrics, avoiding all my usual wobbly and wonky machine stitching
- Did a lot of pressing. A lot. Steam and stuff.
What’s left to do:
- Hand stitch those buttonhole facings together
- Make several million thread chains inside to keep outside and inside in line
- Decide on the hem, then do it, including more flat piping
- Add a label and a hanging chain thingy.
Lots of hand sewing to do then, poor poor fingers.