…so it seems that despite all those couture touches, good old Style Arc had the answer after all.
I dismantled the brown trousers, all but the front fly, which is pretty good, and laid the ‘Misty’ pattern over it, matching front fly only.
Look at how much excess there is! The ‘Misty’ is a StyleArc size 12, the Vogue came out at about a 16 by their finished measurements, but blimey that’s a lot of fabric, even if they were described as ‘loose on the hips’…
I chopped it off, hesitating at the pockets, but, well, it’s just a toile. I increased the existing 3/8″ seams to 5/8″ as I find stretch denim is not good with narrow seam allowances. Snip snip, stitch stitch, and time for another fitting.
Much, much better. I’d taped the Misty’s back yoke onto the main pattern piece and cut as one, but she still needs a little more length in the back seat for decency’s sake. Very few drag lines or bagging other than under the bum, which will be dealt with in the same way, extending both crotch point and CB waistline just a bit. The pockets need to be repositioned closer to the front now, the openings ended up too small for anything but Donald Trump’s hands, and we don’t want to encourage that.
More close fitting than she will want for most trousers, but very useful for me to see just what fits her closely- then I can tweak for different styles. These may end up being mine as the fit is better, although I will need to add a sizeable yoke piece to bring them over my belly!
One more try needed-so I did the same re-cut on the purple ones, making the crotch and CB extension. I allowed the equivalent of size 14 on these by adding another 1/4″ on main seams. I also made those flared legs into straight ones.
And I think we have it folks! Not perfect, but good enough [she says there’s too much belly on display for pics I’m afraid, but there will be completed trouser pics as soon as possible]. Now I get to go ahead and make several improved versions. hurrah!