…’Daisy’ designer tunic from Style Arc. This took about 4 1/2 hours to sew up, but then I did a fair bit of hand basting, understitching etc. It could be done in less [and will be, as I will be making more.]
The fabric is a ‘soft willow green’ cotton/cupro blend, in ‘monk’s weave’, from the wonderful Italian Textile Company on eBay. Wonderful, wonderful stuff. Soft, drapey, feels rather like a soft slubby silk. I used it last summer to make dawn’s Game of Thrones tunic from Simplicity 1008, and had to buy more for myself.
This tunic is very loose, but fits nicely through the shoulders and upper body. I was dubious about the teeny darts providing enough bust room, and added a tiny bit extra buy placing CF and CB a little way from the fold. [Amazingly, I remembered to do this for all the facings too…a miracle]
It is actually meant to have seams CF and CB but I see no point as they are straight.
Assembly is very straightforward, the only unusual detail is the double faced hem, which gives a lovely weight to the piece, and helps it hang well from the bust. The underpiece is assembled with its facing, then the top edge [nicely curved] is laid over the facing of the main body, and stitched through all layers.
There are pockets too!
I think I’ll be wearing this, or its doubles, all summer. There may even be a sleeveless version in the pipeline- maybe in my outrageous glittery red print, over white trousers…let’s see!
Voluminous- but fun. Bit like me I suppose…