Number 2 of the ‘Daisy’ designer tunic from Style Arc. This time it’s sleeveless, and I didn’t bother with adding in the extra at CF and CB, but did a ‘fake FBA’ by just cutting down the dart, and across to the side seam, then sliding the piece out. I think the lower part is voluminous enough, so didn’t want to do a standard FBA and mess up all the hem facings.
This fabric is much thinner and drapier than the first, a red and white floral print, with a little glitter. I’m trying to remember where I got it- it was an online impulse buy in a sale, not eBay…oh I dunno, but it was a bargain, and it’s rather nice despite being good old polyester or some such. Because of the glitter, I reversed the fabric for the facings so it wouldn’t scratch.
The armholes were a little low and bra-revealing, so I just sewed out a pinch at the underarm and then faced them with a scrap of white jersey.
No surprises, all went together easily, and lo and behold, another new summer top is born. I think it will layer OK over a white T shirt if I need my arms covered up to protect my public from the fish belly white glare.
Sorry about the picture quality, the missus has gone out on the bike, so I had to use the timer with the camera balanced on a bin!
To compensate for the poor quality pics, here’s a lovely magnolia blossom just budding… I find this shape and colour rather inspiring, let’s see what comes of it.