Brief report, just to remind you all that I’m still here! I’m busy catch-stitching all those looooong seam allowances down inside the main part of the wedding dress. Tedious, but it really does make a difference.
It’s looking rather good so far, and I just need to sponge out a few marks from the underlining that I didn’t notice until after I’d sewn it up, and do something about a couple of pencil marks that are doing their best to show through on the right side…little buggers.
Today, the missus picked up the tulle and illusion mesh from the bride, so I can play around with it. I’m not particularly looking forward to this stage, as the tulle needs smoothing out before I cut into it, and I’m always terrified of melting it with the iron!
Wish me luck!