More cutting out- even I’m getting bored now!
Closet Case Files ‘Bombshell’ swimsuit in bright blue lycra left over from Dawn’s unitard [not yet blogged]. Super-stretchy stuff is so hard to judge! I’m hoping this will be true to size. I’ve cut along three different pattern lines to sort out my hips bust and waist, which leaves it looking very rectangular. Lol, that’s me! I’ve used powermesh for the lining, and have some swim elastic on order from eBay, cos I forgot. I had a crisis while cutting this out, with much swearing, as although there’s a lot of fabric left, I couldn’t fit the bloody long pattern piece on [there’s a lot of extra length for the ruching] I swore, folded 3″ out of the length [planning to lose some ruching] then just before cutting, noticed the different cutting lines for different views. Doh.
Another T shirt from the Mimi G S8177 wardrobe pattern, purple jersey from stash. I could have done long sleeves, but went for short, as I don’t seem to have many short sleeve tops, and I can always stick a cardigan on.
Black jersey bodice from Vogue 1312. Double layer for bodice, single for sleeves [I cut 3/4 length with the possibility of shortening them further] This will have the Klimt panels attached to hopefully form a cool maxi dress
Okistyle ‘Em’ dress, in blue/green tartan poly jersey remnant and stretch denim remnant. Not technically cut out yet, but pinned to fabric for thread tracing [no seam allowances on these babies!] This worked well for the Joker shirt, so I’ll stick with the method. The skirt pieces are just rectangles, measurements given for different sizes, but I want to faff with the length.
FINALLY the Okistyle ‘Salt’ jacket toile, similarly pinned for thread tracing. I suspect this will need serious alteration, we’ll see. The jade tropical weight wool ready for it is glorious.
Left pinned to the cutting board overnight, partially tissue fitted and midway through a faffy FBA, the McCall’s 6792 dolman-sleeved colour-blocked dress, in two shades of purple ponte from Barry’s. The main fabric is textured. I finished that one too, with some additional blocking , just because.
And that’s all for now. Dawn is asking for some more [rather boring] racer back vests, and I have miles of cotton lycra ready for it, but god they’re dull to make! I will be good though, once I’ve had some fun.
I’ve even sorted through threads in all appropriate colours, and will be threading up the overlocker in various assortments as I go through. I had to order more bobbins though- I never seem to have any empty ones!
Still not enough mojo to tackle the planned ‘Cathedral’ dress for Asylum, and time is very tight now. Poop. The best laid plans…