I decided to do some cutting out, having earned this reward by hemming some trousers for my mum, and finally fixing the curling hem on a favourite dress [I’ve also taken some tiny darts in the too-wide neckline, go me!]
So what did I cut out? Blue stuff.
A sweater in some amazingly thick and spongy wool-mix knit from the Italian Textile Company. I’ve used Butterick 6248, view B but without the back tail effect. I’ve previously used it to make a tunic which the missus calls my ‘Legolas top‘ in grey rib knit and stretch fake leather-look stuff. The fabric has a rib which runs across the stretch, and feels almost like a chenille finish. It moulted a bit when cut, too. I think I’ll need to use clips when I sew this, as it’s VERY spongy, but beautifully light weight. Fabric is described as ‘30% LAMBSWOOL 70% ACRYLIC, DONDI JERSEY, PLAIN CHUNKY RUSTIC RIBBED KNIT’ I rarely need a snuggly sweater, but this will tick the box nicely!
A shirt in this cute skull print cotton chambray from Weaver Dee. I’m using McCall’s 6436, which I’ve made up before for the missus. I was just about to do an FBA when I found the extra pieces for different cup sizes, yay! The 16 D cup gives me enough ease, so all is good.
And the greeny-blue is this lovely Ashford viscose twill also from Weaver Dee, it’s very drapey, really nice quality. I’ve succumbed to another Style Arc purchase, and this is the ‘Victoria’ blouse. I like the interesting style lines and that drapey neckline. The advantage here is that the front neckline is double fabric, so the wrong side won’t show, a good thing as the print is definitely one-sided.
These will all work well with my purple and blue trousers, so the SWAP plan is looking good. I’m itching to get cracking now I’ve got the sewing room tidy enough to make some more mess!