…but still no sewing
I spent a fair amount of time cutting and fusing interfacing for three shirts and a dress, then realised I also needed lining for the V8858 skirt, so found a bit of cotton lawn in a rose pink- a weird colour for me [it was a bargain when I bought it on eBay] but I’ve found it’s great for lining as it doesn’t show through ANYTHING.
I also dug out another skirt pattern I have’t used in years- Vogue 8750. I made this up about 10 years back in a red wool as a straight skirt [view B], and the fuller version [viewF] in denim…and basically rarely wore either. The denim one was too stiff for the style, and the waist got way too tight too quickly. The pencil skirt just didn’t go with anything, and both ended up going to a charity shop, which was most distressing- the wool for the burgundy skirt was GORGEOUS. Ah well.
I’m being much more generous on the waistline of this one, and I think the black linen will drape much more flatteringly. The large flared panels were too wide for the fabric at the longest length, so a bit of discreet piecing was needed at the sides of the panels. I never worry about this having seen how common it has always been in historical garments in fabulous expensive fabrics. Waste not want not!
A fourth polo neck top from V8939, in a thin white cotton/lycra jersey remnant with a mystery textured fabric for the sleeves. I’ve used the textured stuff before, unsuccessfully, as it didn’t have as much stretch as I would like for the body of a top, should be fine just for sleeves though! This experiment conveniently finishes off the last piece of the fabric, I’m very keen to try to reduce all the million remnants I’ve accumulated.
Now for some sewing, before tackling toiles of about five different trouser patterns which are auditioning for the SWAP collection!