…Kwiksew and Simplicity, to be exact.
I’ve just knocked up another Kwiksew 3658 in off-white rib knit from MyFabrics. I didn’t have the fabric shortage this time, so the sleeves are full length. It’s a nice fine knit, great for layering. Nothing much to say, it’s almost entirely done on the overlocker bar the CF seam and zigzagged hems.
Then I re-threaded the overlocker a second time, and zoomed up Simplicity 1018, in ‘angora-knit’ jersey from the Textile Centre on eBay. I think I got three panels, and because of the very flared panels of the dress, had to do some judicious single layer cutting. I went for just below the knee length, as I want to wear this with boots as a winter dress. The fibre mix doesn’t seem to make for any itch factor, despite the fabric looking very wool-like. It’s fine, drapey, and should be cosy without over-heating me.
The princess seams made true pattern matching impossible, but I quite like the way I got it sort of matched, and the asymmetry of the sleeves appeals to me. It was only semi-intentional: I accidentally got a splash of red on one shoulder of the front panel, and decided to run with it.
To my surprise, [as I rarely read pattern descriptions] the cowl neck is a separate piece, not attached at all, so I get two looks for the price of one- possibly three if I get creative. I overlocked the hem edges, then hand sewed to avoid a weighty hem distorting the drape. I think it took about an hour, not counting the hemming. Not bad!
Now for a few slightly more demanding projects…but first, that simple-looking ‘Indian’ tunic I think.